Wednesday, October 17, 2007

You're Not Watching, Either


Yesterday, I was beating myself up for not posting about the MLB playoffs. But I just couldn't force myself to care enough to write anything worthy of being searched on Google.

Today, I found out that I am not alone. At least with respect to the National League series. Because the usual biggies (i.e., NY, LA) markets aren't playing or got knocked out, and the games are a tad on the late side (10 p.m. starts), it looks like ratings are hovering near record lows.

As a sports fan, I couldn't care less if no one is watching my team, so long as they keep showing the games on TV so I don't have to sell my belongings to buy tickets to all the games. Sure, this is not so swell for the networks, but I don't think a few low ratings are going to break their banks too much.

Anyone watching the World Series? Hello?

No comments: