Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"AH" Will Just Enjoy Mah Retirement


Allan Houston ("AH") decided that rather than facing the possibly of not making the roster of one of the worst, talent-heavy basketball teams of all time, he's just going to stay retired.

Good choice, Allan. Maybe the best choice by an athlete all year, in any sport. There is no chance you're going to win a ring with the Knicks, and short of that, I really don't see the point in you coming back. Especially if there's really no position for you there.

He seems like a nice enough guy. If money's the issue, I'm sure he could make money doing something else besides playing for a crappy team, like co-hosting The View or something, a la Tiki Barber. Maybe not as much as he would in the NBA, and not as much as he has when he wasn't even playing in the NBA the first time, but enough to feed his family, which should make Sprewell happy.

In other news, Tony Massenburg(?) has also decided to stay retired. If you aren't familiar with him (as I barely was myself), refer to this previous post. Excuse me, he was told to stay retired after being waived by the Washington Wizards, thus ending his bid to play for an NBA record 13th different team. Well, I always said if you can't be a superstar, then break a random record. I'm sorry to see that Tony didn't quite do that, either.

No comments: