Monday, October 29, 2007

Dropping Like Mike Williams' Passes*


Another one bites the dust in the case against O.J. A third co-defendant has decided to take the plea deal and testify that O.J. told him to bring guns to the meeting to get his stuff back.

How many guys were in that room? O.J.'s lawyer says that he believes this was the last snitch"cooperating witness." There can't be any more co-defendants willing to throw the Juice under the bus. I think they're just grabbing guys with criminal records and asking them to testify against him. Glad to see that it has the possibility of backfiring, too.

I'm pretty sure I said this before, but I don't buy into the idea of snitching, in so far as it means you tell what you know if you're NOT involved in the crime. But if you are, there should be no incentive for selling out your co-conspirators. None. You did it, then you should pay, too. Period. If you want to tell on people, feel free to do so. At the most, that should get you a better jail cell. I don't like a system where there's a perverse incentive to lie and to escape punishment for tattling. I have no respect for these guys.

And I actually find myself feeling sorry for O.J. . . . but then I hearken back to the days when I watched his trial between practices that summer. It's in that moment that I am reminded that payback really is a . . .

Enjoy your remaining days of freedom, O.J.





*See here.

No comments: