Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Waiting to Exhale



Several of you have asked why I haven't posted today. . . well, I just got back last night from the U.S. Open and I had a little work to do today! (If you know I know you live in NY, I apologize for not calling. I spent so many hours watching tennis that the only New Yorkers I saw were my *gracious* host and her giant turtle. When I'm "buuaawlin'" - said with my best NY accent and fade away jumper - I promise I will buy a box at Arthur Ashe for all of you).

Yup, today I was faced with the sad, cold reality that my employer doesn't care that I have a blog to write. Shocking, I know. But until this blog is paying me as much as I make there, fun must take a backseat. I will be back tomorrow night and I promise I'll make up for my time away.

In the meantime, here are a few things that have happened since I've been gone, and that I will probably write about as soon as I come up for air:

1) What the h-e-double hockey sticks happened to Michigan? The loss by the football team to Appalachian State is the most embarrassing thing that's happened to Michigan since . . . nope, I can't think of anything much more embarrassing than that. Ok, yes, I can, but I'm not allowed to talk about it here. On a side note, who knew Derek Jeter went to Michigan?

2) Team USA finally lived up to its potential. Great. Now just let me know when the NBA starts up.

3) Apparently tournament directors and sponsors are having trouble communicating with one another, because Serena Williams should not be going down in the quarterfinals to the same cheater player at every major tournament. Perhaps they don't understand that no one cares about the #1 player in the world (more on this tomorrow), but they will tune in to see Serena's a matches.

Lots more to come. I appreciate your patience while I wade through mounds of papers . . . and know that I would much rather be here with you.

As for the picture, this is an accurate representation of what I'd like to be doing rather than doing what I am doing . . . or this is what came up on an image search for "overworked" and I thought some of you might enjoy it. You be the judge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*gracious* host and her giant turtle

*you're very welcome!*