Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Quickie Answered


Kudos to Patrick for allegedly knowing the answer to my "Quickie!" I don't know if I believe that he didn't look this up, because I don't even know all the people on my favorite teams, much less all the people on two teams. But even if you looked it up, I'm impressed.

If you didn't see his comment, the WNBA finals features the Detroit Shock v. the Phoenix Mercury. The Shock are up 2-1 after their win last night. I watched the game last night on ESPN2 and I was surprised that I knew several of the young ladies, Diana Taurasi being the most famous, but I'm not sure I can give you a starting five. Even Google is in on the WNBA bash, because when I searched for images by typing in "wnba finals," it asked me whether I meant "nba finals." Ouch. Of course, this didn't work the other way around.

If they really want to make the sport more appealing, I think they should start by lowering the baskets. I have some other ideas as to why it's not so popular, but I think I'll save my likely controversial comments for another time when I'm ready to get hate mail.

3 comments:

Patrick said...

I wouldn't lie about basketball. You learn names fast when you run spend too dang many hours computing efg%, offensive ratings and plus/minus values. I am sure you can name most of the Knicks without blinking. This years WNBA finals is turning a lot of heads. Even Henry Abbott was surprised at TrueHoop.

Pleats 'n Cleats said...

Good call on the TrueHoop post. Nice to see that I'm not the only one who was pleasantly surprised that I watched the whole game. I, for one, hope they make it. And Bill Laimbeer being mic'd up is entertaining to say the least.

Patrick said...

Lambier is a brilliant entertainer. They have him mic'd up for most every televised game. nice coverage on the thomas trial by the way...