Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Chinese Women in the World Cup


FYI, I had other titles, but I couldn't come up with anything clever that wasn't also mildly offensive.

This morning I caught a piece of a FIFA World Cup game (soccer) on ESPN2 (still on from watching the WNBA the night before). This was women's soccer, which wasn't so unusual, but the teams that were playing were Denmark . . . and China. I couldn't figure out why this seemed so unusual, but then it dawned on me that I hadn't really seen a Chinese women's sports team other than maybe gymnastics.

Then I found this article and I realized I wasn't so off with my assessment. The few minutes I saw, though, was actually pretty entertaining. I can't be sure but I think their goalie might be as tall as Yao Ming.

And if you're interested, China won 3-2.

No comments: