Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Brees" On "Bye" *


Several weeks ago when I had the opportunity to pick either Carson Palmer of the Cincinnati Bengals or Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints for my fantasy football team, I nearly went with Brees, except that he had a bye week the same week as LT, a no-no according to Laura. So Carson it was.

Well, as it turns out, Carson's off to a pretty good year while Drew is - how do I say this nicely - playing like sh Eagle doo doo. And on McNabb's worst night, that's pretty awful. Not only did the Saints lose to Vince Young and the Tennessee Titans 31-14, but he threw four interceptions in one night, and scored (I use that term loosely) -1 fanstasy points. That means that he would have had more points if he had never played at all. Compare that to the 40+ points for the top QB's the past few weeks, and I'm feeling better that he had that bye week. Now the New Orleans Saints are 0-3.

Brees might be the only person willing to trade Tuesday's with McNabb.



*Puns intended, with my apologies.

No comments: