Wednesday, January 30, 2008

'Run'ning Out of Gas


No, not Chris Webber. Me. I think I'm coming down with something, probably because I've been running to and fro with little rest. Quickly so I can get some rest:

1. A reader sent me an article discussing allegations involving the Howard University men's soccer coach who was allegedly caught soliciting a 13-year old (undercover officer) on the Internet. I hope this isn't true, but he has been suspended without pay pending the investigation. The coach is in his first year. Not the way you want your tenure to begin.

2. Shout out to the young woman of Asian descent who I saw lugging her hockey equipment through the airport with a woman who appeared to be her mother. Breaking the conventions. You go, girl!

3. The Oregon University AD apologized for how his school's fans booed Kevin Love when he returned there during UCLA's game versus the Ducks. Quack kills.

4. Just to add some perspective to the Boston Celtic's one point escape over the Minnesota Timberwolves, that would have been the Celtic's 8th loss of the season . . . and the T-Wolves 8th win. And the season is almost halfway over. Ick.

5. C Webb, pictured above, is back with the Golden State Warriors, the team who acquired him in a draft day trade with the Orlando Magic in 1993, and traded him to the then-Washington Bullets after a year. C Webb will also be reunited with coach Don Nelson, with whom C Webb did not often see eye to eye. Now that's what I call coming back full circle.

And what I call a great place to end. I'm praying that I'm just tired and not coming down with the flu . . . although that would give me more time to write.

No comments: