Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Rundown from the Run-Down - 2008

Happy 2008!!

Pleats 'n Cleats took a much needed vacation, and I could still use another one. I will be back in the full swing of things next week but instead of leaving you for a full two weeks, I thought I'd give you the first rundown from the run down for 2008.

So without further ado:

1. So the Boston Celtics went 4-0 on their west coast trip. Yeah, yeah. Whoop-dee-do. They also lost to the Detroit Pistons - placing them second in ESPN's power rankings for the week. Get back to me come playoff time.

2. The Los Angeles Lakers lost to the Celtics on Sunday, in a game featuring a montage of the storied Lakers-Celtics rivalry and in which the Lakers donned short shorts in true throwback fashion. Said Kobe Bryant:

"I don't know what it feels like to wear a thong, but I imagine it feels something like what we had on in the first half," he said with a grin. "I felt violated. I felt naked. It's one thing to see films with guys wearing those things. ... I'd rather stay warm, man."

Um. I believe you, Kobe.

3. By now you are fully aware that the New England Patriots went 16-0. Their final game against the New York Giants was kind of close but not they-might-not-make-it close. Pretty anticlimactic if you ask me. Way to go, Pats.

4. The Georgia Bulldogs put a beating on the Hawaii Warriors football team in Tuesday night's Sugar Bowl, 41-10. It was sad hearing the commentators say they had no business being in the bowl game, but it was even sadder to see all the fans who traveled from Hawaii and got all dressed up just to see their team score when the game was pretty much over. But they still get to go back to school in Hawaii. Don't feel too bad.

No comments: