Thursday, January 17, 2008

Judge Jackie Is Not Having It


Every now and then, judges provide excellent quotes that let the regular folks know how much power they really wieldin there. I guess this past Wednesday counts as "now." Without further ado, I present to you the words spoken to O.J. Simpson by the judge in his case after he tried to contact a co-defendant in his case, in clear violation of his probation terms. She stated:

"I don't know Mr. Simpson what the heck you were thinking -- or maybe
that's the problem -- you weren't," Clark County District Court Judge Jackie
Glass told Simpson.

"I don't know if it's just arrogance. I don't know if it's ignorance.
But you've been locked up at the Clark County Detention Center since Friday
because of arrogance or ignorance -- or both."

If you're really asking, Judge Glass, I'd go with both. With that, she doubled his bail to $250,000. Anymore funny business, she said, and she's locking him up.


Oh, O.J.

No comments: