Friday, August 17, 2007

Hey hey hey!

Hello world!! It's yours truly, Pleats 'n Cleats, coming to you live from . . . where I live! Let's just say sports are a major part of my city, and an industry that used to be major isn't so much anymore. If you're confused, don't worry. So am I.

So why am I here? I played sports through the college level and have been a huge sports fan ever since I won the 100yd dash in kindergarten (true story). I had been a fan of blogs, and every so often sports blogs, for the past few years . . .

Then the other day, I was sitting on the couch, drafting an amazing merger agreement, when I saw this blogger/writer chick on [insert sports network]. She's sitting on this show with two other male sports pundits, offering her often controversial opinion. I said to myself "How did she get that job?? I can do that!" Now, not that I want to be on [insert sports network] offering my opinion, but at least I can offer my own view to the world. So, as with all major life decisions, I polled all my Gmail and Blackberry contacts for a name and here we are.

What's this blog about? As the name (hopefully) implies, it's a blog about sports written from a female perspective. Not that the views will be "classically" female, whatever that means, but just that I'm a woman and that makes me different than 99.2% of the other sports bloggers out there. So far I have identified about 3 others out there, 2 of which are for specific teams. If you know of others, please let me know so I can link them!

While sports generally means to me what's happening on the court/field, as I'm sure you have noticed, athletes' legal troubles have been among the biggest sports stories of 2007. So, I may devote entire posts to giving you the real deal on the legal aspects of these fiascoes. I see so much crap inaccurate information in the media, including blogs, but recall that Jay-Z "didn't pass the bar but [he] know a little bit . . ." - trust me, there is a reason we suffer three and a half years to learn this mess.

But I digress. On to my first post! Enjoy, and please feel free to comment with your thoughts, complaints, and suggestions!

P.S. R.I.P. Fred "Rerun" Barry!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooh! Welcome :) Loves it!