Monday, October 13, 2008

MYSM: Phelps Likes Rosetta Stone and Lil Wayne

Let me be clear that I really like and admire Michael Phelps for all that he has accomplished in the pool. He's a ridiculous athlete, personable guy, and I admit I was front and center applauding his record-setting performances in the Beijing Olympics.

Some people, however, should not quit their day jobs. That's OK with me. We can't all be talented in all areas. Apparently, everyone does not buy into this idea.

I thought I had seen enough of Phelps' comedic timing on Saturday Night Live (I thought I was original calling him a fish out of water but some other writer stole my thoughts). Well, the Rosetta Stone folks think there's more for us to see, so they crammed in as many swimming-related jokes as they could in a one minute commercial featuring Phelps. If these folks sell even one more copy of this program than they would have normally sold, I will be shocked.

I want my minute back.

No comments: