Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Super Tuesday


It's late so I will cut to the chase:

  1. The man hasn't even made it out of college and already Darren McFadden not only has one paternity suit pending against him, but also has two more bundles of joy on the way. Oh boy. How can you be the Shawn Kemp of the NFL before you even get picked by a team? Oh boy.
  2. The Charlotte Bobcats' Gerald Wallace was knocked unconscious by a stray elbow during a game last week. My dad always warned me about concussions. I should probably leave this to the neurologists(!) but I think once you get one, you are more susceptible to continuing to get them. And Wallace has had four concussions in as many seasons with the Bobcats. Sounds more like a football or boxing injury. That's not a good sign. He may really have to pick a different profession if he wants to avoid permanent debilitation.
  3. Details of the severance agreement with former Indiana University Hoosiers men's basketball coach Kelvin Sampson have emerged. Apparently, Sampson has to cooperate with any NCAA investigation and he cannot interfere with the basketball team. How do we know all this? The press has this little pass they call FOIA requests that allows them to obtain info on just about every public contract there is. Powerful little tool, I tell you.
  4. Are the Boston Celtics going to be making some roster additions? What, Danny Ainge realized it takes more than three players to win a championship? Having played for a very deep Celtics team back in the '80's, one would think he would have realized this early on.
  5. I attended yet another basketball game this evening. This time for my cousin's team. Tough game but they pulled it out when it counted. The other team's fans decided to pick on a shorter player on his team, chanting "Gary Coleman!" I thought this was a fairly mean thing to say (and which may have contributed to their ultimately losing the game), but I did find it quite intriguing that these kids were too young to know him as "Arnold." I'm definitely getting old.

No comments: