Thursday, December 20, 2007

Shut It DOWN!


Yes!! Finally!!

One post only tonight since I'm heading out of town tomorrow (again). I may post during the day tomorrow, though, so stay tuned. Or peruse my archives for any posts you've missed (I'm most proud of my Vick, tennis, and Knicks trial coverage, if I do say so myself).

But tonight's post is a happy occasion. Perhaps the happiest I have ever felt while posting. I'm happy because the Boston Celtics lost Wednesday night, and lost at home.

Not because they lost for just the third time this season but because they lost to an Eastern Conference powerhouse - the Detroit Pistons - that exposes how overrated they really are. Sure the Celtics made some errors here and there (including Tony Allen falling for the pump fake by Chauncey Billups), and Doc Rivers made a few coaching blunders (i.e., putting Allen in the game at all), but this is what the game is all about. No one really cares about what happened. It's all about who comes away with the W.

It was a tight game, but the Pistons prevailed in the end by 2 after Billups scored the game-winning free throws. Pistons coach Flip Saunders said that no one will remember this game next week, but this one game says a lot about the Celtics. This one game has the potential to dampen the noise from the Celtics bandwagon. It shows that they may be good but if they want to get out of the East, much less win a 'ship, then they have some work to do. The rest of December we'll get to see them play some pretty good competition so we should get a decent picture of what they are going to do.

Better luck next time, Big 3.

No comments: