Friday, March 14, 2008

Running with Scissors


1. Greg Oden is practicing for the first time since the Portland Trailblazers lost their money on him. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing him return . . . and to him getting rid of this look. Anytime you can say "Damon Jones had that [haircut, outfit, etc.]," it's not usually a good sign.

2. Some "good" news for Michael Vick. His Virginia trial has been postponed indefinitely. Only a little more than a year and a half to go, Vick. Hang in there.

3. Apparently, I missed this story about Gisele Bundchen and LeBron James being on the cover of Vogue. LeBron joins the ranks of George Clooney and Richard Gere as the only men to make the cover. If I had to pick any three guys, that's definitely who I would have gone with . . .

4. Andy Roddick has decided to forego the Olympics in China to play the Legg Mason tournament in preparation for the U.S. Open. Is Roger Federer skipping the Open this year? Otherwise, go represent your country, Andy.

5. So it looks like I will miss the meat of March Madness but will be back in time for the Final Four. I am definitely trying to watch the games from my overseas location, and if it turns out to be interesting, I may just post something while I'm there. I know I said I would last week but I really mean it this time . . . really.

No comments: