Monday, November 26, 2007

Redskins Safety Taylor Shot in His Miami Home

Whether you love or hate the Washington Redskins (I'm talking to you, Dallas Cowboys fans), anyone who has a heart would not make jokes about this, but unfortunately I have seen a few. When a man clings to life, I fail to see the humor in that.

Redskins safety Sean Taylor has had his fair share of ups and downs in his four years in the league, but he's also good, and leads the league in interceptions even though he has missed the past two games. It appears that the only reason that he was at home in Miami at the time is because he wasn't traveling with the team due to injury.

His past doings may have suggested that he was in need of a few things (including guidance), but today, he just needs your prayers. It seems that an armed man (I can only assume it's a man) broke into Taylor's home and shot him in the leg. Taylor was at home with his girlfriend and young daughter at the time. The bullet hit an artery, causing him to lose a lot of blood and making this a life-threatening wound.

The phone lines to his house were also cut, which I assume was to turn off any alarm that might have been active at the home. Apparently, he had been having trouble with break-ins prior to this incident.

I'll let you read the other details here. I just hope he pulls through and that they can get to the bottom of this. I will keep you posted.

No comments: