Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Yes, Vacancies


If you've been on the site for any amount of time, then you know I don't typically do college football stories.

That's mainly because I don't usually have too much to add that you couldn't already find on ESPN.

Today, though, I was intrigued by the number of college coaching positions that have suddenly opened up (voluntarily or otherwise):

Houston Nutt (pictured above - but not a mascot) from Arkansas

Chan Gailey from Georgia Tech

Ted Roof from Duke (yes, they have a football team)

Jeff Bower from Southern Mississippi

Bill Doba from Washington State

Joe Novak from Northern Illinios Univeristy

BUT one position has been filled: Mike Sherman was hired as head coach at Texas A&M.

I guess this is the result of all of their seasons ending last week. Add to this list the vacancy left last Monday by Lloyd Carr at Michigan and that's a lot of potential coaching positions. I might have to submit my application . . .

No comments: