Tuesday, November 20, 2007

MNF Quickie: Young Shines, Receivers Look Tarnished


I didn't catch all of the Tennessee Titans v. Denver Broncos Monday Night Football game, but I saw on Sports Center that Titans receivers dropped four easy passes that could have helped them win the game. I did see their QB Vince Young's two interceptions, but he ended up with 305 yards passing, which was a career high for him.

With a good offensive line, better defensive line, and better receivers (yeah, pretty much another team), I think he'd get more credit as a good QB than he does right now. He gets some credit, but I think folks are sleeping on him. He even has a great QB name.

After the game when reporters questioned him about the dropped passes by receivers, he said that he wasn't going to stop throwing it to them just because they dropped them, and that he has confidence that they'll catch them.

Displaying confidence in teammates who obviously went a long way to help him lose this game? I like that.

No comments: