Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sleeping WIth The Enemy


The NBA looks very good, very deep this year. The Atlanta Hawks are doing well, having beaten the Dallas Mavericks the other day and the Phoenix Suns tonight. The Boston Celtics are good again. The Houston Rockets finally beat the San Antonio Spurs (who promptly turned around and whipped up on the Wade-less Miami Heat. Not too badly, but not as close as the score seems, either). The New York Knicks are winning games, too. And the Chicago Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers can barely buy a win - the Bulls still haven't found a seller, at this point.

This is going to force me to do something I said I would never do. Something I am ashamed to do. Something I am not proud of: giving more money to Comcast to buy NBA League Pass.

If you have been following along, you know that I HATE Comcast. This is no secret. Proving that I'm not the only one, I've gotten more than a few hits on this site from Google searches for "comastsucks.com."

I discovered I needed it after being told that no games were on TNT last night, even though 10 games were being played, and only one of those 10 was on NBA TV. The other out-of-market games, I learned, were only available on League Pass. But if I have to watch the Heat and Cavs play one more time because of their big name players, I'm writing the NBA a letter.


So it is with much sorrow that I report that I will be ordering NBA League Pass sometime in the near future. I'm trying to delay the agony of defeat as long as possible.

No comments: